This is an Urban Green Team summer position from May 1 – August 31, 2014. Successful applicants will be responsible for the delivery of recreational drop-in programs for youth ages 6- 14. The youth worker will work towards developing positive relationships with staff and program participants.
- Must be a student between the ages of 15-29
- Must pass criminal record and child abuse registry checks
- Must be willing to work various shifts as assigned
- Previous experience working with youth
- Energetic and have good work ethic
- Non Violent Crisis Intervention, Emergency First Aid, Level ‘C’ CPR, and class 5 driver’s license an asset
- Assist, deliver and evaluate recreation and leisure programs that meet the needs of neighbourhood youth
- Be a positive role model for area youth
- Provide written reports such as incident reports and log of daily activities
- Interact effectively with other agencies and services to ensure that the needs of residents are met appropriately
- Ensure the safety and well being of the youth in the centre, who are attending centre-run programs as well as during outings
- Work cooperatively and effectively as a team member with supervisors, fellow staff and volunteers
- Attend staff meetings and training seminars as required
- Perform cleaning duties as pertaining to the youth programs
- Food/snack prep
These are entry-level positions and are quite coveted so act fast and send your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon April 16, 2014.
Please note, only those who we are considering will be contacted. Thank you and good luck!